Its time to spend that yarn fund ....
There is nothing better than online shopping in your pjs of an evening when you have had a hard day at work (yes i know thats what you are picturing right now and no its now a knitted onsie I'm afraid)
Today the new online yarn store BritYarn opened its virtual doors and OH MY! Its a great site thats easy to use and stocks; yarns, notions, patterns and projects bags! Just too much to choose from and some amazing BritYarn exclusives NOT to be missed!
BritYarn is an online shop launched by the wonderful Isla (who I met in person for the first time at the Edinburgh Yarn festival) and can't wait to see on another Edinburgh yarny trip for IBYC coming soon.
She will focus on celebrating and sharing her love of British wool. BritYarn will only stock wool that has only been grown in Great Britain (including the Falkland Islands). BritYarn will also highlight the journey the wool had made before it ends up on your needles, hooks or looms.
Its guided by 'Woolly Principles'. They are at the heart of everything BritYarn does.
BritYarn’s Woolly Principles
- First and foremost, BritYarn must love it if we’re going to stock it. We believe in using materials and patterns we love, to create beautiful, long-lasting items.
- BritYarn embraces provenance. It’s hugely important to us to know, as far as possible, the origins of our products and to share these details with our customers. BritYarn will clearly outline where the wool was spun and dyed; some wool may be spun or dyed outside of Britain, and if it is, we’ll tell you. It’s all about being able to trace the journey of the product and make informed choices.
- BritYarn’s definition of “British” includes British Overseas Territories (e.g. The Falkland Islands).
- BritYarn celebrates the British Wool industry. Wool content in a yarn must be 100% British grown. Any natural fibres (where present) in a blend, e.g. linen, will comprise a maximum of 50% of the total content. Synthetic material (where present) in a blend, e.g. nylon will comprise a maximum of 25% of the total content.
- BritYarn supports British businesses. Wool, patterns and accessories as well as business support will be sourced exclusively from British suppliers. We believe in shopping local and helping to sustain British businesses.
So how could I not go on today and get myself a wish list which i just had to share with you all ....
- The AMAZING BritYarn Exclusives ....
- Fripperies & Bibelots snag free stitch in BritYarn Colourway (amazing must have stitch markers)
- Yarn from the Plain's Mobberley 4-ply in exclusive colour ways ... Including BritYarn (just gorgeous and bright)
- Knitting Goddess Britsock Self- striping (and the sock obsession goes on)
- Blacker Yarn ... Yes all of it.
... and thats just to name a few .... BritYarn you are making my no yarn till Edinburgh at IBYC almost impossible!
Cant wait to place an order on here :) ... and to see peoples purchases and finished objects for some yarn envy and inspiration.
The little grey girl x