... not sorry & shopping
Anyone else seem to be overwhelmed by the red hearts that are everywhere? Card shops, the supermarket, shops generally... I forgot that from early February, everything must be red, shiny and heart-shaped.
If you are single, the run-up to Valentine's Day is never that great. As a very, very single girl, I've decided this year that, instead of moping that I don't have a valentine to give me (overpriced) flowers (that will die very soon after 14 February anyway) or a gift that I really didn't want, I'm going to buy myself something I really, really want and celebrate just being me and single. So I thought I'd share some ideas for brilliant presents we single ones can buy for ourselves or use as helpful, (maybe not so subtle) hints for a loved one to buy for us - and not just for Valentine's Day either! Because we're worth it all year round, right? Right!
£10 and under
- Stitchsaurus knitting or crochet stitch markers by Yarnistry - £6.00
- Gin and Tonic lip balm from Oliver Bonas - £8.00
- Catbells - New Sock Pattern from Louise Tillbrook - £3.96
£20 and under
- Explorer -Heart of Provence Merino/Nylon Blend from PhileasYarns - £12 - Perfect for those Catbells socks
- Socks Yeah Volume 1 by Rachel Coopey - 18.00 - Love socks, all of Rachel's books are a must have
- Knitting Needle/Crochet Necklace - Yellow Bear Wares - £17 - Who can be without a knitting needle/crochet hook necklace?
- Laine Nordic Life Magazine from Stockist Meadow Yarn - £20 - Gorgeous! I have the first issue and want t knit everything in it...
- Tanami baby camel and silk 4ply yarn - in colourway Double Happiness from Travelknitter - £24.00- The best reds around and sooo shiny
- Table Top Swift from Wild and Woolly - 32.00 - I have this one and love it
- PomPom Magazine subscription - 4 issues for £30 - Just full of inspiration
No matter what your budget or marital status, I hope this list gives you something to treat yourself or to drop that subtle hint to the special person in your life.